Monday, July 23, 2012

In Awe.


As I walk forward in pursuit of a deeper relationship with God, revelations seem to sprout and take root more often than I imagined could happen.
Large transformational revelations.
Small revelations.

The other day, walking through the woods, I had a small revelation that turned into a deeper understanding of who I am in Him.
So maybe it was not so small, but..
As God develops my character, and challenges me with His abundant love, I question why I am the way I am. Not in a negative way, because frankly, I wouldn’t want to be anyone else. I am happy to be the person He’s made me to be, and is continuing to grow in.
There is however, one characteristic that I’m beginning to notice isn’t exactly found in everyone that I encounter.
And that is that I am able to hold on to the ‘awe factor’ of beauty in creation.
I have walked through the woods here in Herrnhut, Germany over a hundred times, and yet, the combination of sounds between the breeze moving the tree tops, and the babbling creek alongside my footpath.. well, I just can’t enough.
The way the evening sun pours through the branches.
The smell of the woods waking up, shaking off the morning dew.
I can not get over it.
I don’t want to ever get over it.
Every day there is something new to discover.

And the golden hour, how many of those have I seen?
And yet I am continually left breathless by the sight of them. And hope that one day, I can accurately capture how I see them on film… one day.
Color film. Large format. It’s in the works.

There is so much beauty on this earth to appreciate, and I haven’t even seen the half of it.
His creation astounds me to the core of my being.
I could not say anything more whole heartedly,
I am in awe of Him.
Some people like the word ‘woo’. I am one of those people.
If there is one thing that woo’s my heart, it is His creation.
The woods, the mountains, the lakeshore.
All of it, and then some, just continues to move my heart in a way like nothing ever could.
As I recognize this about myself, I can not help but thank Jesus for such a gift. The gift of ‘awe’, I like to call it.
And it is completely that, a gift.
Look around you. Drink it in. Allow yourself to be inspired.
Beauty can and will be found.
 A beauty that reveals just a hint of His love for us.
Incredible.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the awe just like you, every day. Just look where God put me! Hugs Kels!

    ReplyDelete