Wednesday, June 6, 2012

last month countdown.

this is my last full month in the states for a very long time.
i just had to pause for about five minutes to soak in that sentence.
ha!
last month.
that’s a big deal.
but, to move to germany and join ywam full time feels quite natural.
bit overwhelming some days, but natural.

i knew when i came home that these three months would mean four things.
rest for my body so i could heal from shingles and get my immune system back on track.
rest for my heart, and really learn what it means to be completely dependent on God and lean on His strength.
a time to prepare mentally and spiritually for the upcoming new season.
and a time to gather together a team of supporters to help send me out and keep me there.
the first three mentioned, well those require a lot of time, prayer, quiet and thought.
the fourth, that’s all action. yes, prayer as well. but i have felt that i am supposed to do what i can while i’m still present in michigan to gather “my team” as i like to think of it. people who believe in the mission God has put me on, and who want to support me through prayer and finances.
i’m ready to talk to anyone about it who is interested, speak in churches, do whatever i feel i need to do.
and then there is this blog.
one that, much to my surprise, receives an average of 800 views a month.
that number is unreal.
it let's me know that here on my little blog started on a whim, i have a voice.

using that voice i write, quite vulnerably at times, when I feel the tugging of my heart to do so.
this is one of those times.

finances.
it’s a tricky thing for me to share about because i never know how it will come off, or if my heart on the matter is shared accurately.
because i really am not just after people’s money.
i’m after a relationship with those who believe in what God is doing through me, who want to support me.
as a supporter,
i want you to feel like you are a part of this mission.
if you have supported me or would like to support me, whether it be one time or every month, you are just as part of this as i am.
it is an incredible and unique relationship.

earlier, i shared that my goal was $700 of committed monthly support.
let me go in more detail and break it down.

monthly expenses
rent – $150 to $240 (depending on what i can find for an apartment)
food – about $170
insurance – $56
staff fee – $34
saving/extra – $200
savings is for outreaches that i will be joining or leading in this next year, as well as a potential plane ticket home to visit family and reconnect with supporters whenever possible, probably in spring or summer of 2013.

at this moment, i have $170 committed monthly support, and a few who are committed to helping with what they can when they can.
that is awesome.
i am beyond excited and humbled by those who have come around and promised to support me. every time i receive a check or an email from a supporter, it’s hard to hold back the happy tears.. so i usually just let them loose.
that being said, i know that $170 can and will increase.
 as it stands now, i can eat food (yes!) but the rest hangs in the air.
i ask that you and all who are reading,
 consider it.
think about it.
pray about it.
open your heart to the idea of being one of my monthly supporters.
to the idea of being a part of this mission.
every penny is a blessing i am grateful for.
if you would like to support me financially, with prayer, or would rather not be committed to either but would like updates, send me your email at k.calli@hotmail so i can add you to a monthly newsletter i will be starting up soon!

email or facebook me anytime.
or, we can get together and talk one on one before i leave on july 11th!

No comments:

Post a Comment