Friday, June 29, 2012

it's about that time.


in 8 days
BAPTISM
what better way to enter a brand new season…
when the opportunity arose with the incredible house church i’ve been a apart of, i knew it had to be the right time.
yes!

in 9 days
BONFIRE
chances are, i want you there, so
don’t let my middle of nowhere location stop you from coming out.
i’ll give you a big sappy hug goodbye while you try to eat your s’more.

in12 days
BYE

all the rest of the days
PANIC
 except not really.
all i have to do is pack a bag or two and be on my way to detroit.

there is a tugging to stay.
and maybe that tug is a fear that i'll never live in michigan again.
maybe the tug is a fear that i'll miss out on things that could be.
but fear has no place making decisions for me.
when i arrived home, i knew i had to redefine it.
and finally, i feel like i've reached that place.
home has been redefined.
reclaimed as new.
i am new.

so yes, part of me wants to stay.
part of me wants to see what could happen.
new community.
new friendships.
it's exciting
 and has helped push me to redefine who i am in this place i love to call home.

but i know better.
i know where i am meant to be,
and there is an ever present excitement for that as well.
the next season is in Germany.
it will be beautiful.
it will be abundant.
and no matter the circumstance,
it will be the best place for me where i am at.
i am aware that i have to let go of anything on my agenda 
labeled with 'future' and put it in His hands.
i am so young, 
and there is so much life to experience.
i want to live His will with every second He gives me.
and in that will, no matter what it looks like, 
my heart will find it is fulfilled up to the brim and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment