Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Changes.

I've never been one for change. But this morning I was in for a big one.

I opened my email to see Inbox: 1 (YWAM Herrnhut DTS). YES! FINALLY, all the waiting is over. I'll finally know if I've been accepted. I open it to see, that I have in fact, been accepted!
(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Then I read on, to see that they have canceled the Photography & Journalism DTS I have been originally been planning on. Instead of being July 9th to December 17th, it is now going to be combined into Marriage of the Arts DTS as an Art Track from September 3, 2011 to March 24th, 2012.
.........................

Immediatly, I started crying. Now, it seems kind of silly. But I'm one of those people that gets their heart set on things and feels like the world has turned upside down when it doesn't happen. And I had my heart set on leaving July 9th, and being back in time for Christmas. Five months is alot shorter than the now, 7 months it would be.
So, to find out that wasn't going to be the case, I couldn't help but get upset.

So, I then called Coleton.
Coleton is much more than a boyfriend, he is my best friend. He balances out my personality so well. I freak out and worry about everything, he without fail reminds me of the reasons I don't need to worry, and that I just need to trust in God, pray and relax.

Then I get a call from my dear friend Sarah Anne, and she reminds me of this:
"Kelsey girl, God is about to rock your world. He is your heavenly father, and He would never give you more than you can handle. He wants you to cry out to him and lean on him in this, and if you pray and reflect on the situation, you'll feel him saying 'Kelsey, I got you. You are not in this alone, we're doing this together.'"
And so on. 

Phew.
Hi. I'm Kelsey, and I have amazing, AMAZING people in my life.
And thankyou God, for using them to remind me that You are in control, and that I need you every step of the way.

So, here goes the next step of this awesome adventure God is leading me on. I hear Germany is lovely in September anyways. ; )

God is good, He knows what He's doing.

Favorite verse of all time holds true once again:
Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

-Kelsey

 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! This is so exciting, what a great opportunity for you!
    I looked at their website and it looks amazing :) I may have to check into this!
    Ahh. This makes me even more nervous for my YWAM journey that is to come. And so excited :)
    I'll be praying for you in these coming months. Just remember, God provides!
    With love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete