Saturday, February 14, 2015

Miracles [happen] in Michigan.

In November, I felt the Lord told me that once I left YWAM I was to rest, but also to prepare to begin a job on February 2nd. I tried to make things happen in the way I thought they would and I failed. I cried (read as: sobbed) out to God and surrendered myself and my plans again - feeling completely lost on how to move forward. 

On my last dollars I flew to Portland for a week, hoping to receive confirmation that I was taking the right steps. While I was there getting drenched in His hope for the future - I received a text from a friend. Her uncle was hiring, and if I was willing, he needed me to start the job on February 2nd - so I did. (come ON!) 

I’ve now finished two 50 hour work weeks with eight more on the horizon. I could not ask for a better place of employment for this transitional season and have already had so many incredible conversations with my co workers as we swap stories about our lives, miracles and faith. Each day, I am humbled to see and learn that Jesus is just as real and relevant outside of missions as I knew it - something I was desperate to know for myself. 

Today, I am thankful for a Sovereign God.
And sweatpants on a Saturday morning. 

#ilovemyjob #butialsolovemybed #andmywholedarnlife


No comments:

Post a Comment