Saturday, November 22, 2014

MAKING THE MOVE

I have been contemplating how to write this for quite some time now - mulling over when I should make it public. Making sure I have certain personal conversations first. Writing and rewriting. So, here it is. Raw and real. Not quite fully formed but full of potential. 

I am moving to Portland, Oregon!

Faith, as I have discovered, is full of taking risks. 
Full of trust. Full of vulnerability and uncovering new depths that could not be discovered without discomfort. Full of obedience and adventure. 

Last year, I felt a few questions stirring up within me..

“What am I willing to fight for?” 

As in - what is it that my heart burns for so strongly, that I would be willing to give my whole life to it - even if I had to do it alone at first? I want to live in constant, daily, surrender to God - laying down all things for Him. All expectations. All desires. All of it. And I know as we grow in relationship with God, our hearts shift to desire what He desires. We shift towards people with a unexplainable, unconditional love. We shift from “I can’t” to “You can”.

“Where can I be the answer and bring the Kingdom?” 

The Great Commission that He’s given every believer is clear and simple. And if we don’t know the “call” on our lives - we actually do. It’s right in His word and it’s out of choice and revelation that we accept it. We’re called to make disciples of all nations - all people. Teaching them about Jesus and His character. We’re discipled - not to sit in the glory of it - but to disciple in return. It’s an active lifestyle - whether it’s in our hometowns or in remote villages. The call is clear and we start by saying “yes”. 

In this I have part of my answer - love and fight for people, always, to know Him. 
Whenever, wherever. 

Another piece of the puzzle, the one I knew has been simmering on my heart for years, began to be very clearly confirmed by the Lord this summer. 

I feel a massive part of His call on my life is to disciple the younger generation of men and women (pre-teens!), carrying a message of restoration of identity through Christ. Deeply embedded in my heart is the desire to see young women walking out their identity as daughters who know their Father - walking in honor, respect, and discovering their full freedom through Jesus.

Why Portland?

This is a decision I have been quietly processing for most of this year now, letting the Lord either form it into something bigger or shut the door completely. Slowly I began to share with friends, family and mentors - and this Fall it really began to take shape into something tangible. As I explore and contemplate other opportunities, it’s this one that I keep going back to and feel the tug towards. 

A few friends, who have served with YWAM Kona for 5+ years, have made the move to Portland first with the genuine desire to see this city come to know Jesus and establish Kingdom cultured community. I will be joining them in said community home with similar vision as well as a burning heart for everything I shared above. 

Honestly, I’m not sure how it will look quite yet.
I have a lot of big dreams, hopes and ideas.
This looks like everything from conference planning to plugging into youth groups, leading outreaches or joining active ministries. The possibilities are endless and I'm confident doors will open as I move forward. 


Phew. So there it is. 
One step at a time. 

I will be moving from Germany mid-December.  
My tentative plan is to be in Michigan for a few months before the big move to Portland in April 2015.

If you would like to financially support making this move possible - you can do so here.
Feel free to sign up for my more official newsletters here




No comments:

Post a Comment