Sunday, August 26, 2012

Wild, beautiful.


Moving forward, I feel my heart and my spirit stir with wild anticipation. 
As I know the One who is Love Himself.. as I grow to know Him deeper…
I begin to know and understand myself as His daughter. 

I am in a season lacking familiarity, lacking normalcy.
And in that, I find myself feeling more alive than ever before. 
As I scratch the surface of what it is to live fully sold out to Jesus..
All I want is more. 
All I want is to keep going. 
I have only just begun.

My beloved spoke and said to me, 'Arise my darling, my beautiful one, come with me.' 
See the winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come!" 
Song of Songs 2:10-12

I often find myself processing through and reflecting on this verse.
Maybe it's because I have it written on a piece of paper, staring me in the face as I first open my eyes to a new day. 
The winter is past; the season of singing has come! 

The winter is past. 
Even when it feels like it is beginning to creep back in, I shut the door in it's face.
When the winter knocks, when it threatens to come in,
I trust Him to be my strength.

The season of singing has come. 
The season of singing has come!
I will claim that as my own, and walk forward in it. 
Walk forward singing songs of His infinite goodness,
of His unfailing consuming love. 
His love that brought me through the winter. 
In Him I am confident. 

He is all that is wild, all that is beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment