Friday, March 9, 2012

new season.

as i'm standing there, alone but not alone at all. i look around and see this beautiful wooded area masked in fog. there is a path that goes straight ahead, it's narrow, but i can tell it's there. as i take my first few steps on the path, an excitement grows within me to keep going. to want to see what's next with each step. ahead is so thick with fog that i can barely see, yet my heart trusts and as i go forward the fog clears around me. the further i go, the more beautiful the wooded area becomes. dense with lush trees, needle covered ground, warm sun dispersing through the branches. i still can't see more than a few steps ahead of me, but with each new clearing, i feel a joy bubbling from the depths. a joy that can't be contained, a joy that can only be from Him. as i keep walking, i don't even bother looking at my feet anymore, what use is that? if i look down at my feet i'll miss all there is to see around me. looking at what really matters and trusting my feet know where to step. trusting that i am not alone, and that 
i am His, and He is mine. 
my Beloved. 

i want to run. 
run freely down this path, with wild flailing arms. i want each step, each leap to be intentional. i'm never alone. He sees my pain, and gives me peace. He sees my joy, and delights along with me. He sees my weaknesses, and gives me strength. He sees my heart, and He claims it. He sees my love, and He gives me more. He sees me cry, and He gives me hope. He sees me laugh, and His heart bursts. 

when i look down the path and see fog, He sees clarity. 
when i start to watch my feet, He reminds me to look up. 
when i start to slow down and question where i am, He brings revelation of His love. 

i want to run. 


...........................
the last few days have been incredibly interesting. 
God sees clarity where i see fog.

the fog doesn't scare me, doesn't make me anxious. 
i'm rather excited to see where this path goes...

in two weeks, 
i get on a plane and embark on yet another adventure.
one that will take me who knows where.
i hope it takes me to every corner of this earth and to the depths of God's love. 
yes, 

No comments:

Post a Comment